[olpc-help] Some problems including loss of keyboard input!

tdang community-support at lists.laptop.org
Fri Jan 11 22:38:44 EST 2008

Hi Peter-

While I think I disagree with many of your complaints, I suspect you might have had the same keyboard problem that many (including me) have had. They've specifically requested that if you do have this problem, you get an RMA and return the machine, since they want to fix it for you and make sure it doesn't keep happening: thread here (http://olpc.osuosl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2224)

My machine went bonkers because the particular key which went funky was the Alt key, which meant, for instance, that when I hit the "R" key, the screen reoriented itself. Eek.

You didn't say if you got your RMA # or gave up from the long wait? If you haven't sent it back yet and you want to test the keyboard instructions are at the wiki (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_FAQ#How_do_I_test_my_keyboard_for_sticky.2Fbroken_keys.3F).

I hope I get my XO back soonish. I'm lucky that I got three--one for a young friend, one for my son, and one for me. So I can use my son's while I wait for mine.