[olpc-help] Sticky keyboard keys; Please RMA the laptops

aconbere community-support at lists.laptop.org
Wed Jan 9 17:48:48 EST 2008

I don't want to sound grumpy, and I can't claim to be particularly familiar with RMA practices in the rest of the industry. But after talking with a customer support rep and getting an RMA number for my laptop it sounds like I'll be paying shipping to have sent back, with no refund on my part.

It certainly feels to me like I got shipped a defective unit (One that I'm happy to help diagnose, fix, try stuff out), but not one that I'm particularly happy about paying to have shipped back for what appears to be a problem with the manufacturing.

Is there something I'm missing here?

~ Anders