[olpc-help] Activities no longer load, including Terminal; Flash failed

Joe community-support at lists.laptop.org
Mon Jan 7 14:19:31 EST 2008

gia wrote:
> I'm still trying. I reinstalled and halfway through the green lines they all turned blue. It rebooted and I was able to type elizabeth and chose a color. I am now in write and as I start typing the key board stops working. The external keyboard acts the same as the xo's. When I hit the letter a it goes to the journal. When I hit the letter r it flips the screen. I've ruined my 5 year old's computer.
What has most likely happened is that the Alt key on the XO's keyboard is stuck; Alt-R is the key combination to rotate the screen, while other Alt-key combinations perform other actions (or do nothing) rather than typing the letter.  I assume Gia has already seen Steve's e-mail (http://olpc.osuosl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2054&sid=239c25314c32a4b73f946dfe359b6f1c), but it looks like anyone else with this problem is being similarly encouraged to get the keyboards sent in to be replaced (http://olpc.osuosl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2224&sid=239c25314c32a4b73f946dfe359b6f1c).