[olpc-help] Do 6-12 year old kids "get" tagging and searching?

Steve Holton community-support at lists.laptop.org
Mon Jan 7 09:47:17 EST 2008

> ????? I'm sorry, I don't understand. How does your kid use the "tag" and "description" fields if he's not comfortable reading and writing? If he doesn't use them, how does he find things in the Journal?

Beats me.
When he does use it (not just on the XO, but on other computers before that) he has a fondness for 'just drag your fingers across the keyboard' meaningless strings.
But usually, he just seems to remember what he was doing and know it's what he wanted. On the Macintosh, I suspect icon location and placement is a factor.

I can't claim to understand how he figures this stuff out. Clearly he does; that' all I need to know.

Steve Holton      http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support
Got an XO? Get on the map: http://tinyurl.com/37hmmm