[olpc-help] Where's "Undo?"

dpbsmith community-support at lists.laptop.org
Mon Jan 7 08:29:43 EST 2008

Although "recoverability" is articulated as akey design principle (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Human_Interface_Guidelines/Design_Fundamentals/Key_Design_Principles#Recoverability), I've had trouble finding any "undo" functionality... specifically, when I needed it.

It's certainly not visible on the keyboard, or as an obvious screen icon.

To take a very specific example, when typing in a description in a journal entry, if I press the right "button" it exposes a popup menu with choices of "cut," "copy," "paste," "delete," "select all", "input methods," and "insert Unicode control character," but not Undo.

Ctrl-Z does not appear to undo typing, either.