[olpc-help] Sticky keyboard keys; Please RMA the laptops

KayTi community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sun Jan 6 21:50:39 EST 2008

Yes, you'll need to call the 800 number, and you'll need to be near your laptop only to get the serial number (starts with CSN, is located under the battery). I was also asked for date of purchase and date of receipt of laptop. The operator had no issue with my approximate dates.

Be sure to be clear that you are requesting a RMA at the specfic direction of the OLPC team (evidence is Richard A. Smith's top message on this post dated 1/6/07), as you can shorten the script that the operators are working on, I believe. They need to ensure you're within the 30 day since receipt of laptop window, then they need to ensure this is an RMA-returnable event. Clearly it would be a pain for a bunch of non-broken laptops to be returned, etc.

Good luck. Mine shipped Friday to arrive at the Brightstar return center on Monday. UPS, under $10 (though I live only 3 zip codes from the return location - was tempted to drive it up there. :D)