[olpc-help] How do I tell the XO X server to use the fonts t

tamichan community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sun Jan 6 15:24:38 EST 2008

karmaflux wrote:
> I spent hours last night trying to force the X server to recognize any bitmap fonts at all.  The only ones that ever work are the built-ins.  If no insight can be provided to this matter, I'm going to file it as a bug.
>
> edit:  This is now bug #5775 (http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5775).

karmaflux,

Thank you very much.  I spent three hours on this and all my attempts were failed.

I wish XO-1 would support lower resolutions (like 800x600 or 600x450) in X-Window display driver level.  The native 1200x900 resolution looks great, but sometimes fonts are displayed too small as we see them on SimCity activity.  Supporting lower resolutions would be beneficial not only for people over forty like me, but also for kids who have poor eyesight (like mentioned in this problem #4070 "Some things are too small and size needs to increase" http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/4070 )

Tami (Masaaki) Takamiya