[olpc-help] Phantom files on USB drive

dpbsmith community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sat Jan 5 16:06:34 EST 2008

I insert a USB drive. I use the Journal to copy some files. I unmount the USB drive.

I delete those files from the USB drive, and copy some new files onto it.

I reinsert the USB drive into the XO.

The Journal shows the new files on the USB drive, but it also shows all of the old files--files that have been deleted from the USB drive. It appears as if the XO Journal remembers any file it's ever seen on the USB drive, and shows them whether or not they are still on the drive.

Restarting Sugar with ctrl-alt-erase has no effect: the phantom files are still displayed.

Thoughts?