[olpc-help] Problems painting with external mouse

mvb community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sat Jan 5 12:48:11 EST 2008

Using the standard OS that was shipped with the OLPC December 2007

I've connected an external USB mouse so my daughter can try to paint with the paint application. I've also tried a "mouse Pen".

Moving the cursor around works fine especially after using the Linux command

xset m 2 10
(accelerate x2 when over threshold of 10)

However when you left-click to draw a line, the line overruns the pointer making it impossible to draw a line. The line or curve continues to get much longer (even 3X longer) after you release the button.

DIfferent models of USB mouse all do the same thing. The xset command does not make any difference in the behavior. The built-in touch pad does not experience this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.