[olpc-help] FIOS - Wireless Connectivity Issues

sjf community-support at lists.laptop.org
Fri Jan 4 20:54:27 EST 2008

well... it seems to work.. *once*

I went Hex 128-bit... with a key of "abcdef1234abcdef1234ab" and it worked just fine; I was able to surf using the XO's browser. When I hit a FLASH heavy site, everything hung. So, I had to hard-power it down.
When the machine rebooted, I figured it was now connected to the AP as it no longer had a lock on the AP's circle.

I then opened a terminal window and tried to download the OPERA rpm.  to no avail. I then tried a ping, and the ping failed.
hmmm... what happened?

I checked the /home/olpc/.sugar/default/nm/network.cfg file and it seems to have all the correct values....

I will try rebooting the machine and see what happens....

<THOUGHT> This should be easier that it is... but it must be tough to make sure this works for all situations and environments... oh well,  this too shall pass </THOUGHT>