[olpc-help] Help accessing wireless Airport Express

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Fri Jan 4 10:08:19 EST 2008

This worked, thank you very much Nutmeg7!
Important note: For anyone else having trouble connecting to an Airport Express - I was already set up as described with a 128 bit WEP so the only thing that I did differently was that I decided to try the Hex key from the Airport Admin Utility>Base Station drop down Equivalent Network Passsword. I copied that password and then plugged that into my XO and it worked beautifully. I just checked again and that is not the Hex key that I get when I go to the site that is recommended on the FAQ support page: http://www.corecoding.com/utilities/wep2hex.php
Someone may want to alter that page and let others know who are trying to access with an AirPort Express. They must be set up with a 128 bit WEP and then go to their Airport Admin Utility and get the Hex key from the Equivalent Network Password.
This support site is a great resource, thanks so much for all your hard work!