[olpc-help] First Day Phone Orders lost?

Steve Holton community-support at lists.laptop.org
Fri Jan 4 08:51:48 EST 2008

Good News, I think....

On December 26th, I sent an email to service at laptopgiving.org providing again my updated shipping address and asking them for an estimated ship date.  Well, today I got a reply with that information. Now I can be certain my shipping address for that order is correct.

I sent that email on December 26, one day before giving-up on this order as lost and re-submitting the order again (on the 27th).

I list this as a datapoint. If they are processing received email in FIFO order, the delay in processing seems to be about a week and a bit.

That said, if you need to update your shipping address (for example, if you are moving within a week and a bit) then you need to phone OLPC Donor Services and have them update the shipping address while you wait on the line. Trusting to email would likely not be processed in time.

Additionally, it would seem that if you sent an email request to Donor Services less than a week and a bit ago, but haven't heard back yet, this doesn't necessarily indicate the email was lost or wonud-up trapped in someone's SPAM trap. If you sent them email before December 26, and still haven't heard back, there might be cause for concern.

But it does raise the question of why they couldn't find my order to update (on the 27th)  but are certain it has been updated now (after it has been cancelled).

Steve Holton      http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support
Got an XO? Get on the map: http://tinyurl.com/37hmmm