[olpc-help] FIOS - Wireless Connectivity Issues

sjf community-support at lists.laptop.org
Fri Jan 4 01:52:50 EST 2008

With interest I have read through all the other postings concerning connectivity to APs... specifically with FIOS.

I am reaching the end of my rope... currently at build 650
10 char WEP key converted to 26 char HEX
entered the HEX value in to XO and can't get connected.

If I turn off security... no problems... just with the WEP Key turned on.

I have tried it manually with wconfig command... to no avail.

Any other ideas?

Do I need to upgrade the build and use WPA? WPA2?

Thoughts?

TIA for any help you can provide.

-G1G1D1 Steven - finally received my XO Jan04