[olpc-help] Keyboard issues - stuck keys, keys registering erroneously

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Thu Jan 3 22:21:33 EST 2008

Leander wrote:
> I had issues with both my control and alt keys -- the ctrl key problem was sporadic and went away after some "massaging" of the affected area.

Starting seeing the CTRL key not work at all after a couple days of use, probably a dozen hours or more.   The keyboard diags show it not working, although just now given enough playing around pushing it down with a blunt pen tip I got it to stick 'on' and then some more massaging got it to release.

Have to admit I'm pretty unhappy with this, especially since I ordered my second pair of G1G1 machines just before the deadline.  Uncertain whether I should take it apart (shudder...) or RMA it for a replacement (double shudder....) or just think positive thoughts (triple shudder given the tiny 30-day window for repairs).

If there's something I can do to stretch or tighten the keyboard overlay to get things to quiet down and stabilize please let me know....