[olpc-help] Sound Problems, please help me

iamlamtoo community-support at lists.laptop.org
Wed Jan 2 10:01:34 EST 2008

Gabeholt wrote:

> The sound on my XO worked just fine for less than a day. Now nothing except the start up sound.
> I have tried to go to Register>alsamixer>unmute the different sliders.  This does not help.  Could someone please help me!

I would assume you are a G1G1 xo owner like me.  I had the same problem before. I ran the diag test (see http://olpc.osuosl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1024), which assured me that there is nothing wrong with the xo hardware.
I later updated to build 653 and the "sound" is working again.  You may want to give that a try.  (see http://olpc.osuosl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?lmsg_start=0&t=1604#6639)
Good luck

-Kelvin