[olpc-help] screen does not come on

matt91 community-support at lists.laptop.org
Tue Jan 1 18:28:28 EST 2008

Charles Jacks wrote:
> Since you can take them apart without voiding the warranty, you might think about taking it apart and seeing if something came lose in shipping.
> Probably quicker and cheaper than returning it if you are successfull.

Ya know, I hadn't even thought of opening it up -- assuming that I would be voiding the warranty.

It was pretty easy to open the case (following this (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Disassembly) and this (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Manual/Insides)).

I was delighted to see that the battery was slightly askew
[Image: http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/matt1544/CopyofOLPCXOBattery.jpg ]

But, alas, reseating it (and checking every connection I could) did nothing. I still have the same behavior. (I didn't have a voltmeter handy to check to see if the battery was still good; I'm just hoping it is!)

Oh well, I'll call in for an RMA tomorrow.
Matt