[olpc-help] How do I disable Bitfrost? (AKA EVDO card setup)

Kityoko community-support at lists.laptop.org
Tue Jan 1 02:34:29 EST 2008

First, I'm newish to Linux command line, so bear with me. Each time I made a change, I disconnected and reconnected the card via vwdial, usually making changes when the card was on. First, based on your info, I tried this:

Code:
route add default 209.112.163.4

But it isn't a valid command on the XO, as 'route' is in /sbin, so I tried and got:

Code:
/sbin/route add default 209.112.163.4
SIOCADDRT: No such device

I edited the resolv.conf file by adding:

Code:
nameserver 209.193.4.7
search acsalaska.net

Doing this makes it possible to ping to my ISP, but not to Google. I can also browse to my ISP's homepage, but not outside the network.

Code:
/sbin/route/ -e
Kernal IP routing table

Destination     Gateway     Genmask          Flags     MSS     Window    irtt  Iface
odsn1-ak-dest-l      *        255.255.255.255   UH       0       0          0     ppp0
default            *         0.0.0.0          U        0       0          0     ppp0

Since this got us closer, I tried changing the resolv.conf to:

Code:

nameserver 209.193.4.7
nameserver 209.193.4.8
nameserver 209.112.160.2

That didn't go as well, so I reduced back to the two DNS servers that the card was seeing when it hooked up.

Code:
nano /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 209.193.4.7
nameserver 209.112.160.2