[olpc-help] XO won't boot

Laurie DeMott demotlj at alfred.edu
Wed Feb 27 06:30:41 EST 2008

I believe I have build 656 and I have not gotten any disk full error
statements.  I tried the boot process below where you hold down the
left game key to do diagnostics.  First Pong comes up (nice to know I
can at least play Pong if nothing else) and it began going through
the diagnostics.

At the end, it said, "Tests complete" and powered off.  When I tried
booting up again, I still only got as far as the icon with one dot
below it and then it freezes.

I then tried the boot with the check mark.  Some of the stuff goes by
too quickly to read but it did stop for a while at 68.416793 JFFS2
notice (618) check_mode_data: wrong data CRC in data mode at
0x3e881090: read 0x3f8e529e, calculated 0x4d6f7239.

It finally then spit out a few lines about files and stopped with the
following message:
JSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device.

So I'm guessing that, in fact, I did overfill it.  Is the only
solution trying to boot it from the flash drive (which so far hasn't
worked)?  I don't suppose there is a way to hack into the system and
delete some files, is there?

Laurie