[olpc-help] OLPC,您好!

Mel Chua metamel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 01:34:43 EST 2008

您好!

不能买。请问,为什么你想OLPC的笔记本电脑?

如果您要购买一部电脑,为您的研究,我建议得到一个正常的笔记本电脑从商店。

如果您是一位工程师,并希望以义工,以协助开发,你可以写一封信,并要求如果你能借一台电脑。请看
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/developers_program 。

对不起,我没有美丽的国语。这是我的第三语言。如果你给我发送电子邮件私下,我可以为您介绍OLPC的义工工程师们讲流利的中文。也许他们将能够帮助你的看法。
-蔡佳铃

(For the English-speaking among us, here is the translation as best as my
limited Mandarin skills will allow - please hop in if you are more fluent
and can lend a hand:)

Original email:

Hello!

I am a Chinese student, I'd really like to have a laptop computer, please,
is it possible to sell one to me?

Hoping, hoping, hoping!

Hope there is a chance [somebody will] reply to me! Thank you!

My response (in Very Bad Chinese):

Hello!

It is not possible to buy. May I ask why you want [to have] an OLPC laptop?

If you want to buy a computer for the reason of using it yourself in school,
I suggest to get a normal laptop from a store.

If you are an engineer (note: I don't know the word for "developer") and you
want to volunteer to develop, you can email and ask if you can borrow a
laptop. Please look at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developers_program.

Please excuse me - my Chinese is ugly. It's my third language. If you email
me privately off list (note: I definitely phrased this wrong), I can
introduce you to some OLPC volunteer engineers (note: I still don't know the
word for "developer") who speak Mandarin more fluently. They may be better
able to help you out.

<insert-my-Chinese-name-here>