[olpc-help] Comparison of SD cards on XO, Eee PC, and generic reader

Denver Gingerich denver at ossguy.com
Wed Feb 20 02:13:52 EST 2008

I have posted performance testing results of 5 different Secure
Digital (SD) cards on 3 different devices (the XO, ASUS Eee PC, and a
generic SD card reader) to my blog (http://ossguy.com/, direct link:
http://ossguy.com/?p=27).  This information may be useful to those
that are trying to find an SD card that works with the XO, as it shows
that 4 of the 5 cards work without issue while one card does not work
reliably with the OLPC.

An interesting result gleaned from the testing is that the XO's SD
reader appears to be fairly slow compared to other readers.  It would
be nice to hear from other XO users that have done similar testing to
see if they can verify this property of the XO's SD card reader.

If you have any comments on the results, I'd be happy to hear them.
If you want to link to my blog post from an appropriate OLPC wiki
page, please feel free.

Denver