[olpc-help] OLPC User's Manual

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 16:46:47 EST 2008

Hey Dawn-  Welcome aboard.

I'm guessing you've already see the Getting Started guide:
http://www.laptop.org/en/laptop/start/

When used 'in the field' one of the stated goals is to create a system
which is discoverable so that there doesn't need to be a teacher
around to explain how to do things. But what a Mongolian child has
which you lack is a community of friends who have already 'discovered'
neat things about their own XO's and are willing to share.

That's where we come in.

Let's have a conversation. We should let others listen-in as well, so
they can learn, and so they can teach.

What sorts of things interest you (or your child)? Or would you prefer
we just all chime-in with "hey, I know something neat..."

Email isn't really the best way to hold a conversation, you should
pop-by the IRC channels
- http://en.forum.laptop.org/chat/

and just type something like "how do I use TamTam"...

(Which reminds me: I know something neat! Leave the XO up and showing
the Neighborhood screen while you drive to work.  XO Wardriving,
anyone?)

--
Steve Holton
sph0lt0n at gmail.com