[olpc-help] What To Do When You Get Your XO

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 21:04:27 EST 2008

Hi Doug-

I loved your write-up. Taught me a bunch of stuff I didn't even know I
didn't know.

Something to add, perhaps:
Under "Checking out the hardware", there are actually two, independent
volume controls.

The volume keys (dedicated keys on the top row of the keyboard)
control the master system volume, and the application volume keys (the
pointer controlled slider, also controlled by the + and - keys)
control the volume of sound from this application.

The key point is that if either of these is set to completely off,
cranking the other all the way up won't help a bit.