[olpc-help] XO Does Not Start

randolphde at aol.com randolphde at aol.com
Thu Feb 7 03:03:48 EST 2008

Hello,

I appreciate any help you could give me. I have just attempted to start the XO and there is nothing happening.?The green charging light comes on and the power light but that is it. I have tried some of the fixes listed in various forums but no joy. I believe it is the firmware problem i.e. lose memory battery.

I am an American living in Luxembourg. I ordered this XO on the 15th of Nov and received it on 20 December at my address in Virginia. Due to being out of the States it has just been received today (Thanks Mom). I realize that I am outside the warranty window and because of my location I will have to pay all costs for shipping, still I would like to get this repaired. My son was thrilled with his new?laptop and was very disappointed when it failed to start.

I liked the idea of donating to this project and getting one in return. I work as a teaching assistant in a K1 class and have been following the project for some time.

If you know of anything I may have missed, please let me know.

Thank you

Randy Melton