[olpc-help] Bood failed on attempted upgrade from 650 to 767

Erich Neuwirth erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at
Mon Dec 1 16:58:50 EST 2008

The algorithm for naming dataframes on transfer is (at least in theory)
if the selected range already has a name, us this name, otherwise
create a name from the workbook and/or worksheet name depending on the
options.
Did you incidentally name the region?
Hidden rows should not interfere with naming
because the ful dataframe is transferred and named in R
and only after the transfer is filtered according to which rows are
hidden. In this step, the name is NOT changed.

Tom Harries wrote:
> Downloaded and placed on flash drive os767.img and fs.zip. Inserted
> flash drive XO off. Held 4 game keys and turned on. Released as instructed.
> First screen comes up and dissapears. Then second screen with 3 icons
> appears.
> Then the following:
> "Trying nand: \boot-alt\bootfs.zip"
> "Trying nand: \boot-alt\runos.zip"
> "Boot failed"
> turn off using power button.
>
> I also tried installing gg-767-4.img, with same results.
> I was careful to keep the "fs.zip" files correlated.
>
> Whether this is related or not I don't know, but when I tried to refresh
> the original os via the "o" gamepad key turnon, it also failed.
>
> Suggestions on how to get past this are much appreciated.
> I have no knowledge of linux.
>
> Peace,
> Tom
>
> Thomas Harries
> 952-297-5856

Erich Neuwirth, University of Vienna
Faculty of Computer Science
Computer Supported Didactics Working Group
Visit our SunSITE at http://sunsite.univie.ac.at
Phone: +43-1-4277-39464 Fax: +43-1-4277-39459