[olpc-help] SD card usage

Richard Smith richard at laptop.org
Thu Apr 24 11:27:16 EDT 2008

>   > Press and hold of the power button will force a power off.
>
>  are you referring to the existing hard poweroff?  if it's now 3
>  stages (i.e., suspend, soft-shutdown, hard-poweroff), what are
>  the timings for the button push?  or perhaps soft shutdown is
>  still only available from the menu?

Yes the power button only has 2 stages.  Shorter presses will toggle
suspend.  Press and hold for several seconds ( I don't remember the
exact number) will trigger the EC to do a hard power off.

The shutdown option is still available from the menu and starts a
normal shutdown.  ie 'shutdown -h now'

--
Richard A. Smith