[olpc-help] Nothing happening

7150 linux.1 at litenverden.com
Mon Dec 31 12:02:58 EST 2007

colinsmith wrote:
> This is Colin Smith again.
>
> I tried to restore factory system image by holding down the "O" game key at bootup, but got message "Boot failed...shutting down in 10 seconds". Could the storage device have gotten corrupted somehow?
>
> I will try the "updating activated PC" procedure next, but I don't have a flash disk big enough to store the files yet.
>
> <snip>

This sounds like a problem I had. If it is, the Journal application is
NOT seen in the circle while your desired activity is showing "starting".

I had to reinstall the system from a USB key as you are suggesting may
be your next step.

This is the process I used: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Stable_Upgrade

It is actually easy to do.

If you see the Journal application in the circle, your problem is
probably something else.

George

---
http://www.litenverden.org