[olpc-help] Updating and Software Builds

Doug Jones djsdl at frombob.to
Sun Dec 30 16:32:51 EST 2007

Krishnan wrote:
> How do I determine what is the current build on the XO ?

I'm still looking for a simple foolproof way of determining which build
is running.  (One that works through the Sugar GUI.)

This method is a little tricky, but may continue to work with future builds:

Power down the computer.

Then, hold down the game button that has the check mark on it, just
above the power button.  While holding that button down, push the power
button.

XO should now boot up in a verbose mode.  Watch the messages flying by.

Towards the end, right before the GUI starts up, you should see a line
that starts with "OLPC Build 650" or something like that.