[olpc-help] Help w/ draw activity/ TuxPaint

gia community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sun Dec 30 16:30:55 EST 2007

Hello, I've just received my daughter's xo and we LOVE it. I did expect it to come with a stylus. I must have missed the fact that it's yet to be released. We're using my Apple Mighty Mouse, and it works great, but the Draw activity doesn't seem to work properly. The cursor lags a lot and there is a pretty bad delay, which makes it very difficult to draw. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem with Draw. The stylus pad is no use with the draw activity, so I can't really tell if it's the mouse or if it's Draw itself. I haven't read anything about bugs with Draw. I tried instaling TuxPaint, but I can't get it to open. It downloads successfully, but doesn't appear in the task bar. Any help or ideas with these two activities would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Gia