[olpc-help] Has anyone actually received an RMA # yet?

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 12:43:38 EST 2007

On Dec 30, 2007 12:16 PM, wavlngth <community-support at lists.laptop.org>
wrote:

> I called on Nov 22nd as my battery is not working hoping to receive an RMA
> # so I can get a replacement or return my XO laptop.  I was told I would get
> a call back.  I called back a week later and I still have not been
> successful talking to someone who could give me an RMA #.  I still have not
> gotten my call back either.  I'm just curious, has anyone recieved an RMA #
> yet?
>
> Tim

Hi Tim-

I volunteer on the helpline staff working tickets sent to help at laptop.org.

I can indeed confirm that RMA's are being processed, but obviously I can't
divulge email addresses for you to verify. I also don't have summary
numbers.

I can also confirm that all of the volunteers are swamped but working their
collective tails off (sometimes working other people's tails off as well)
trying to process the technical support and customer service requests.

Personally, my day-one order was lost, and my re-order (on Dec 27th) hasn't
been confirmed yet either.

OLPC is a community project. I'm very impressed by the community response.
If this had been a commercial venture, a lot of things would have played-out
differently. Like none of it would have happened, because history tells us
none of it ever did as a commercial venture.

We're glad to have you as a part of this project. The simple fact that
you're posting here means you're involved with the community, and for that
we thank you.

Any patience you can spare would be appreciated.

--
Steve Holton
sph0lt0n at gmail.com