[olpc-help] Still Flash Problems after doing the install

Chih-yu Chao chihyu at mit.edu
Sun Dec 30 00:05:54 EST 2007

Hi Jocilyn,

The installation steps on the wiki page might seem overwhelming at a
first glance, but it is crucial to follow them and make sure that you
didn't make any typos.

In the terminal window, you would see an arrow
==========>
when the Flash player is being installed.

If you don't recall seeing any arrow at all, then maybe you can try
installing the Flash player again.
(If you still don't see an arrow, please tell us what you see for
further diagnosis.)

As I mentioned in my previous message, the first time I played Snowman
(after installing Adobe Flash player), I couldn't get the game to
load, either. When I closed my Browser activity and opened it again, I
was able to play Snowman.
I am not sure why, but reopening the Browser activity worked for me.

Hope it works for you, too.

Thanks a lot,
Chih-yu