[olpc-help] WIFI WEP Key access issue

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sat Dec 29 19:24:00 EST 2007

I bought a brand new D-Link Wireless router just for my xoes (I bought two).  I set up the wireless net and was so exited about using the xo that I noticed immediately from the xo screen that my net was not secure - no little lock icon.  So I went back to the D-Link, secured it with Auto(WPA or WPA2), set password, went back to the xo and had no access to the web.  Reset router to WPA only - no go.  Reset router to WEP - no go.  Reset router to unsecured - web accessed.  Apparently, the xo does not do encryption - even though an encryption input window pops up when you try to access a secure net.  I hope there is a fix real soon.   I can't have a wide open wireless network - I live in a 3+ million people city.