[olpc-help] SD Card not mounting

kmd_mlc community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sat Dec 29 08:40:52 EST 2007

First - thanks for the suggestions.  Here is some additional information given suggestions:

1 - SD card(s) do no show up under media.

2 - df and mount do not indicate the presence of the SD card(s).

3 - attempted to mount manually - mount /dev/mmcblk0 /media/sdcard - errors out indicating that a filesystem type must be specified (not necessary with usb sticks...)

4 - dmesg shows the following:

mmcblk0: error 1 transferring data
end request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 0
(this repeats a couple of times)
printk: 18 messages suppressed.
Buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0, logical block 0
mmcblk0: error 1 transferring data
end request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 0

When the card is removed dmesg shows the following:
Removing info for mmc:mmc0:90f7

Any more suggestions?

Thanks again for the help.

Kd