[olpc-help] READ ME FIRST: Getting the best out of community support

Phil community-support at lists.laptop.org
Fri Dec 28 15:17:51 EST 2007

Hello there, and welcome to the OLPC Community Support forum!

While there are plenty of people here who would like to help you, please take a few moments before posting your question to make sure that you get the best we can offer.

First, take a look at the official Support FAQ at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_FAQ (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_FAQ) as it answers many of the most common questions.  Maybe your question is answered there already!  If you have some more time, poke around at http://support.laptop.org (http://support.laptop.org) ... you might find more information there that will help you get what you need.

If not, take a quick look through the threads on this forum to see if anything looks similar.  Perhaps your question has already been answered.

If not, feel free to ask!  Please, please use descriptive subjects for your posts; "help!!!" is exciting but not particularly informative, whereas "Having problems with Flash websites in Browse activity" will help us know what we're getting into.  (By the way, if that's your problem, you should check out the OLPC Wiki page on Flash (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Flash) for tips.)