[olpc-help] Double Flash in Browse

Kantarjiev community-support at lists.laptop.org
Wed Dec 26 19:18:27 EST 2007

> can you post a link to the opera page with the flash instructions?

There are brief instructions at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Opera#Installing_Flash_in_Opera - I just fixed them to match reality.

There's this page http://www.opera.com/support/search/view/754/ which points you to Adobe's site (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/) to get the latest flash player. I went there, clicked on the "Download now" button (from Opera) and got the installer downloaded and ran it.

That didn't immediately work, but I think it's because I had the Browse activity open. Before I got it to work, I did two things:

I downloaded and installed an older version, based on http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Adobe_Flash#Alternate_Install_Instructions_.28if_those_above_don.27t_work.29

I closed both Opera and the Browse activity before restarting.

One or both of those was important, because it worked after that.

I also found http://www.opera.com/linux/docs/plugins/install/#flash which has somewhat more explicit instructions, but doesn't name a specific version of the player.http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Adobe_Flash - I used the "alternate install instructions".[/url]