[olpc-help] screen does not come on

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Dec 26 17:46:19 EST 2007

Anonymous wrote:

> Got a DOA machine here, too.
>
> I followed all power variations suggested and I'm getting the same results as the folks above.
>
> Question: is this problem one of manufacturing or hardware?  Or is this something that happened due to jostling during shipping?  I ask because the packaging seemed fairly flimsy.

The DOA issue is still unknown.  However, A DOA unit was delivered to a
person local in Boston and it was brought to 1cc (OLPC headquaters).
Its sitting there waiting for me to begin failure analysis.

As I write this I'm in an an airport headed back to Boston. Weather
permitting, I'll be back in Boston tonight and first thing tomorrow I'll
dig into it.

We have had 1 report of the battery for the RTC clock popping out during
shipping.  If that is what is happening then it could be shorting out
all kinds of stuff on the PCB.

I'll report back when I know more info.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>