[olpc-help] Fresh restart

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Tue Dec 25 20:47:57 EST 2007

On Tuesday 25 December 2007, 7150 wrote:
> This worked perfectly. I am running 653.
>
> My 650 reflash failed because I am an idiot. I downloaded the icon for
> fs.zip instead of the file. I put this here for other idiots to see so
> they don't waste your time.

LOL!

I successfully upgraded to build 653 today. Hard way that works, not the easy
way that installs an unsigned build that won't boot. (Tried that one
first...) Did not make your mistake, just almost had a heart attack watching
it install. Hint, that is *not* a defrag screen you see during the install.

One note to those upgrading to build 653. The firmware version (q2d06)
included in the 653 build I downloaded this morning has a potentially nasty
bug. Nothing much to worry about if you are keeping the computer and will be
upgrading it again in the next few months. However, do not pass it on to
someone who will never upgrade it again. Or remove the internal battery on
the motherboard while using this firmware version.

And yes, I have been reading wiki pages that don't have a link yet:)
--
William