[olpc-help] XO won't boot: EC problem -- remove all power and restart

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Tue Dec 25 00:00:26 EST 2007

I am seeing the same error.  I have not updated the OS image, the only thing i did a few days ago was to install the pdf reader software.  It worked fine after that.  I left it off for a few days, now it wont boot.

On power up it goes directly to
> EC problem - remove all power and restart
 i remove battery and power cord wait > 1 min and power back up, same message.  Holding any of the direction keys, or x,o,box,check on boot has no effect.

thanks for any help!

note:  this happened once before and removing power and battery did the trick.