Screen blacks out midway during boot

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Dec 24 12:39:40 EST 2007

jwjarvis wrote:

> because of my impatience which is a cultural bias.  That's why I
> still maintain that the target audience for these laptops are groups
> of children with adult supervision, not persons with a previous
> windows background who expect too much.

They are for groups of children without previous computer experience.
That was 100% the design goal.  You are correct.  If you have used a
windows machine then you have a set of expectations that are
_completely_ different than what the XO was designed for.  Having used
windows previously puts you at a disadvantage.

However, adult supervision is really not necessary.  And we have 2+
years of field data that supports this.

Cheers.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>