[olpc-community-support] Linksys router

jsandoe jsandoe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 11:24:09 EST 2007

I too have a WRT54G router and need to better understand how to deal with this issue. When I attempt to connect w/ XO I disable wireless access for all computers. Obviously this is an unfriendly thing.

A previous post said "that is a bug referred to the marvell wireless chip." Is this the wireless chipset on the router or on the XO? Not all WRT54G routers are based on this chipset (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRT54G) Does this mean that only those routers based on marvell will be affected?

Would it be possible to connect a USB wireless adapter to the XO and use it to connect? If so, how would this be done?

Some WRT54Gs are capable of supporting open source firmware. Are there ways of addressing this in firmware.

Does the olpc have plans on addressing this issue generally. These linksys routers are cheap and pretty popular

Thanks.