[olpc-community-support] screen does not come on

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Sat Dec 22 11:18:31 EST 2007

mamei52 wrote:

> I repeated these steps several times with the same result and my
> observation are consistent with others. The question is what to do
> next.  It seems to me the EC does not see any power and therefore the
> laptop does not boot??
>
> I'm still hoping for a solution instead to write it off as DOA.

I'm afraid that without a serial port hookup there is nothing else we
can do.  Your EC is booting and trying to turn on the laptop but thats
it.  You will need to RMA the laptop.  I need to get my hands on your
laptop though or otherwise somehow have it marked.  I'll check with the
support people and see how to make sure its noted in the RMA.

> Also a big
>> thank you
> to Richard since he is doing this as volunteer.

I'm not a volunteer.  I'm an OLPC engineer and I'm one of the (few)
people @ OLPC responsible for making sure the hardware works as
expected.  So in short I'm _very_ concerned about DOA reports.  Trust me
that these failures won't be overlooked.

I'm also insanely busy, so my apologies on any lag in my responses or if
I miss any mails.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child