[olpc-community-support] screen does not come on

Robert Karis rckaris at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 02:31:05 EST 2007

We received our XO computer this evening, 12/21/07.

1.  Plugging in adapter:  battery icon flashes orange.  Power on -- power
icon goes to green.
2.  Battery only:  inserting battery,  battery icon light flashes orange.
Power on -- power icon goes to green.
3.  Battery in.  Plugging in adapter, battery icon goes to green (doesn't
flash orange).  Power on -- power icon goes to green.

Nothing else happens, no beep, nothing appears on the screen, no matter what
keys we push.  Pushing the buttons to change the brightness has no effect.
Resetting by leaving the battery out for ten seconds, no effect.

Bob