[olpc-community-support] How do I save an image from the web

Paul Russell russelldad at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 19:41:36 EST 2007

Both Opera and wget are great ideas. I'll give both a try now. Thanks!

Is there an easy way to get an image URL out of a web page?

If I were to use wget I'd need to know the URL for the image. Often images
are in a webpage and I'd do a view image or save as in firefox. The only way
I can figure out how to get a URL for an image using browers is to CTRL-u
and sift through the source.