[olpc-community-support] display says 'Battery discharging 96%' when plugged in.

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Fri Dec 21 17:26:10 EST 2007

oldrocker wrote:
> Hi, I received my X0 a few hours ago.
> I plugged in power adaptor.
> This has been 3 hours and
> the battery indicator still says 'Battery discharging 96%'
>
> I powered off, removed and re-inserted the battery, but sill no change.
>
> Is it a bad battery?
> Dirty connections?
> or ???

The EC code shipped in G1G1 sometimes gets charging/discharging
confused.  I've got it fixed and it should show up in the update.1 release.

Unplug you battery and replug it back in and it should clear up.  In
general you can trust the battery LED.  If its green then you are fully
charged. Which is anywhere between 90 and 100%

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child