[olpc-community-support] screen does not come on

Michael Burns maburns at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 20:04:50 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 4:53 PM, Anonymous <community-support at lists.laptop.org>
wrote:

> Well at least I know I'm not the only one with this problem, that'
> somewhat reassuring. Very disappointing though...

Having broken hardware is never fun. Hopefully we'll be able to resolve this
issue with you shortly.

Keep in mind, even if our Mass Production monitor assembly process were
99.99% reliable, shipping the G1G1 machines alone would get upwards of 5
Dead On Arrival screens. As I've heard, the XO is one of the easiest to
manufacture laptops, and our production quality has been above average, but
there are always kinks in the system at the scale of 50,000-500,000 or more.

Cheers!

--
Michael Burns * Student
Open Source {Education} Lab