[olpc-community-support] Bookmark Favorites?

paz pzelenka at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 17:23:37 EST 2007

Hi, Chihyu

After I posted the last entry I went back, poked around further, and found another way to bring the Journal entries back to life. I came back to amend my last post and found your graciously detailed response.

Here is what I have put together from your posting and my poking.

The Journal does log the Activity and details that are associated with an Activity session.

An Activity can be labeled in an Activity tab, a field presented in an activity or in the Journal by selecting the Browse entry and editing the field.

The Journal is the place to go to resume an Activity. This can be done in two ways.

The first is from the initial Journal screen by going to the line that has the Journal entry of interest and going to the far right of the entry to the small white circle with the rectangular gray area and clicking on it. The Activity will start up in its saved or bookmarked state.

A second way of resuming an Activity from the Journal is from the second Journal screen. You get to this screen by clicking on a Journaled Activity entry. This will present the entry in an edit screen. In the upper right hand corner there is a white circle with a black rectangle. Place the cursor over this item and the dropdown Resume menu will present itself. If you choose the Activity associated with you Journal you are entering, it will start up using the Journal entry.

In this screen, you can rename the entry. You can edit the Description and the Tags of the entry. You also can copy the entry to the clipboard or copy it to any storage devices, e.g. SD or USB, that are mounted by the system.

Thanks for your help!

Patrick