[olpc-community-support] USB Drive Limitations?

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 23:01:04 EST 2007

Hi AlaskanMariner

The xo has no limit in relation to USB capacity, and neither taking care of
files loaded under windows or Mac OS, that's while the application can open
the specified file format.

But the Journal still have some issues about performance, the code is not
fully optimized yet.  maybe  this could be the issue.

Cheers!
On Dec 19, 2007 9:14 PM, AlaskanMariner <sv.aphrodite at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to transfer some pdf files from my 4GB usb thumb drive to the
> OLPC, but I wasn't able to scroll through the file listings and the Journal
> seemed to freeze up.  When I dismounted the usb drive, nothing seemed to
> happen.
>
> So I wonder, is there a limit to the size USB drive that can be accessed?
>  Or does the OLPC just not recognize a USB drive loaded with files under
> Windows or Mac OS?
>
> Tnx,
>
> Carl

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero