[olpc-community-support] How to use ebook reader?

AlaskanMariner sv.aphrodite at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 19:14:01 EST 2007

Rec'd my laptop today and am trying to figure it out.  My first priority is to get the reader working.  According to the OLPC site, the reader is preinstalled.  But, I don't see its activity symbol anywhere.  So I went to wiki.laptop.org/go/Read and that said I have to download Image:Read-32.xo v.35 and save it to my Journal.

I clicked on the .xo file and the laptop seemed to be downloading, but it never asked me to do anything and in the Journal I only saw an image of the web page and no evidence that anything downloaded.

So, what am I missing here?

Thanks from Anchorage,

Carl