[olpc-community-support] 64bit WEP

David Reiser dreiser at zuckerman.com
Tue Dec 18 10:20:23 EST 2007

I am able to connect via unlocked neighbors but not through our 64-bit WEP encrypted Linksys system.  I had through this might be because the encryption is 64 rather than 128 bits (though that did not make a whole lot of sense), but I see from other posts that this may be a more general problem.  What I can't quite tell is whether there is a readily available fix, so, at the risk of just repeating someone else's question, is there something I can do (other than disabling the encryption) to access our network.  I saw a post suggesting that this could be done by putting in the XO MAC address, but I'm not sure I understood, or how to do it.
I'd appeciate any help, as I'm trying to figure things out before turning the laptop over to my daughter.