[olpc-community-support] adult newby questions

Michael Burns maburns at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 02:49:54 EST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 8:14 PM, Anonymous <community-support at lists.laptop.org>
wrote:

> Not sure if this is the right place to post these... but here goes:

This is the right place. Please apologize as we clean things up. This is a
very fresh site and the paint is still drying.

> 2) Trying to log on to my wi-fi network but It appears I have a 64bit /10
> character for my wep key. I've also spent an hour trying every possible
> combination of passwords, keys etc to get this baby logged on but no go...
> I'm at my dad's visiting for a week and my own personal laptop logged on
> first try using the wep key so I know it's not the network.

This looks like the same issue. Please follow-up here:
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5485

> Also, just some feedback-- I feel like your main page of help needs to
> have access to a searchable knowledgebase.

This is still "pre launch" mode. I was planning on being a couple days ahead
of my current schedule, but have been running into difficulties. This
weekend should really be the "launch" of the site, and more users,
advertising and documentation will be interwoven.

>  I found this forum after clicking around for at least 15 minutes. I
> thought my only options were to email help@ or sign up for the community
> email list which seemed like I'd be signing up for a flood of listserve type
> thing that was not searchable.

The email list is just precisely the traffic on this "Support Questions"
forum. Technical inquiries from the community answered by volunteers. I
appreciate your feedback, though. Just tonight I've begun adding a 'portal
page' (http://olpc.osuosl.org/) that will highlight links, news and recent
discussion on the forum. This should be the one-stop place you are looking
for. Keep an eye out for it and let me know what you think!

--
Michael Burns * Student
Open Source {Education} Lab