[OLPC Brasil] Fwd: [Argentina] Modelo de "negocio"?, no por favor. (Era: La publicidad en la educación )

José Antonio joseantoniorocha at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 11:35:40 EDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Ajoy <da.ajoy at gmail.com>
Date: Mar 11, 2007 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Argentina] Modelo de "negocio"?,   no por favor. (Era:
La publicidad en la educación )
To: argentina at laptop.org

On 9 Mar 2007 at 11:06, danieloso wrote:

> ¿Quien reparará una OLPC?

http://usinfo.state.gov/usinfo/Archive/2006/Nov/14-358060.html

------------
Q [Martha]: This is a fantastic idea, but what about tech
support? surely the computers--hardware or software--might
go haywire at some point.

A: I believe in "Kid Power." Our education systems
underestimate kids. It INFANTALIZES them by assuming they
are incompetent. An eight-year old is capable of doing 90%
of tech support and a 12 year old 100%. And this is not
exploiting the children: it is giving them a powerful
learning experience.

(While guests are chosen for their expertise, the views
expressed by the guests are their own and do not
necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Department of State.)